Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Living the DASH!

Counting down until graduation seemed like a fun idea...and I am sure come day 1 I will be super thrilled..but those days in between are what suck for us. Right?


MySpace Countdowns


No - actually those days are the crucial days that make the outcome reality. What I do with my time working on this project and what I do with my time spent with people will determine my character and my love for the people I am around.

I once heard the story about the tombstone and the birth date, death date and the DASH in the middle. Its the middle dash that makes the beginning and end significant. How challenging to view it that way, huh?

I've come to realize that God is only going to tell me the next step when I get to it. He does not usually allow me to "preview" what's to come. So I am just chillin' out, all the while trying to make the most of my "here and now" so that my DASH will mean something...so that when I walk across that stage it means something and when someone reads my eulogy I will have left a legacy of service.

Live your life today with confidence that your impact will be great. Tomorrow will have its on worries and needs.

No comments: